1.Introduction to the course
“Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine”- (Peter Sondergaard, Senior Vice President, Gartner)
With the advent of fourth industrial revolution along with pervasiveness of big data and machine learning, there is a huge dependence of today’s industries on administration, governance and analysis of large volumes of both structured and unstructured data. In today’s world of around 7.5 billion 2.5 quintillion bytes of data gets generated in 24 hours. The business world too is going through unprecedent trends . Some of the notable trends :
- The entire global software market is forecast to be worth $628B in revenue, with $302B from big data applications.(Forrester,2020)
- 37% annual increase in demand for Data Scientists and Business analytics professionals and related technical positions today (LinkedIn,2020)
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology will gain $1.2 trillion annually from their market base.(Forrester,2020)
To manage and deliver data analytics projects there is a dearth of business analytics professional who can ensure delivery of big data and analytics promises. The course is designed with coordination of industrial partner and promises to fill the gap by provided skill-ready workforce to the industry. It involves a variety of case studies , workshop-oriented methodology and outcome based pedagogical approaches. The course is empowered by SAS who is a leader in the world of Analytics.
2.What are the learning outcomes?
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Take data from disparate sources and discover, transform, manage, aggregate, catalog and deliver that data to be used in reports and analytics repositories.
- Query and manage data using proprietary tools (SAS) and native Hadoop tools.
- Analyze and solve problems pertaining to unstructured data including social media data machine generated data, blogs etc. And perform text analytics for business advantage.
- Analyze and solve problems pertaining to descriptive, predictive or perspective analytics from different industries such as manufacturing, service, retail, software, banking and finance, sports, pharmaceutical, aerospace, etc.
- Deploy models in Machine Learning to business cases including advance algorithms.
- Visualize business problems through self-service analytics and data visualization technologies
- Efficiently deliver business analytics processes and projects leading to efficiency in overall business
Data Analytics, Overview of R for Business Use, programming for Analytics I and II, Data Management with SQL, Visual Business Intelligence, Text Analytics, Overview of Python for Business Use, Machine Learning for Managers (With HR/Finance/Marketing Case Studies), Introduction to Neural Network and Deep Learning, Hadoop Data Management with Hive, Pig etc.
It is a specialized program offering MBA in Business Analytics .
Intensive on the job training in form of internship (or Summer Training) at the end of Sem-2 (or year 1)
A report based on the summer training shall be submitted within four weeks from the commencement of the third semester.
Unlike internship, the project work must be conducted on a topic chosen from the specialization areas in collaboration with different industry/ organizations.
The students must undertake a Live Project worth 8 credits during the IV semester . The student is also required to submit a detailed report to the school/university and present the work to the faculty panel for evaluation/assessment
6.Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
Irrespective of the industry, a majority of MNCs have their offshore analytics centers in India. All the major players in Indian industries have analytics teams and require analytics professionals.
In the analytics industry , though the job profiles tend to go by various names , the course intends to cover a variety of job profiles including
- Analytics Manager.
- Analytics Consultant.
- Analytics expert.
- Data Analyst.
- ML (Machine Learning)Specialist
- ML Expert
- Data Scientist.
- Market Research Analyst.
Minimum 50% aggregate in 10th or equivalent examination, Minimum 50% aggregate in 10 +2 or equivalent from any recognized board and in 60% in UG from any recognised University in India or abroad and CAT / MAT / XAT / AUAT qualified
8. Duration (in Year): 2
9. Meet the industry partner
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
About SAS in Education
SAS software has been part of education for four decades and is used at more than 3,000 educational institutions around the world.
SAS Education helps in building skills for some of today’s most desired positions, such as data scientists and business analysts. Through our innovative software and services, we empower and inspire students and professional around the world to transform data into intelligence. Discover the SAS difference:
- Skills in SAS (being a global leader since 1976) have a pay premium and incessant skills requirements in more than 110 countries
- SAS Accredited trainers, besides being expert in their subject matter, communicate the SAS official curriculum very effectively using internationally accepted & proven instructional skills.
- Pedagogy is designed using a combination of comprehensive course notes, lectures, hands-on exercises, software demonstration, assessments & more.
- SAS program also enables the students to obtain SAS global certification and the skills can be ratified and showcased through SAS international certification badges. Digital Badge not only validates the learning and helps one share the achievements, but also provides labor market insights that connect your student’s new skills to jobs not only for India but for 8 other countries.
- SAS collaborates with universities to bridge the talent gap by developing programs to meet growing need. SAS course structures are aligned directly to job descriptions of the industry.
- SAS courses helps in bringing the right know-how and awareness around the latest technologies prevalent in the industry that promises to shape the future.
- Training in a collaborative setting, combined with hands-on learning and case studies.
- Post class recordings available for live web sessions.