About the Program
With the advent of fourth industrial revolution along with pervasiveness of big data and machine learning, there is a huge dependence of today’s industries on administration, governance and analysis of large volumes of both structured and unstructured data. In today’s world of around 7.5 billion 2.5 quintillion bytes of data gets generated in 24 hours. The business world too is going through unprecedent trends. Some of the notable trends:
- The entire global software market is forecast to be worth $628B in revenue, with $302B from big data applications.(Forrester,2020)
- 37% annual increase in demand for Data Scientists and Business analytics professionals and related technical positions today (LinkedIn,2020)
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology will gain $1.2 trillion annually from their market base.(Forrester,2020)
To manage and deliver data analytics projects there is a dearth of business analytics professional who can ensure delivery of big data and analytics promises. The course is designed with coordination of industrial partner and promises to fill the gap by provided skill-ready workforce to the industry. It involves a variety of case studies, workshop-oriented methodology and outcome based pedagogical approaches. The course is empowered by SAS who is a leader in the world of Analytics.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 01: Imparting knowledge and problem solving capabilities using management theory and analytical tools and techniques.
PEO 02: Developing expertise in the various fields of analytics including finance, marketing and human resource management.
PEO 03: Enhancing professional competency in meeting the challenges of a globalized world of business.
PEO 04: Developing ethical, social and environmental consciousness.
PEO 05: Inculcating fundamental concepts and skills of research in various fields of business analytics.
Program Outcome (POs)
PO 01: Domain Knowledge- Demonstrate the knowledge of analytical tools, techniques and management principles to solve complex organizational problems.
PO 02: Problem Solution: Integrate tools and concepts from multiple functional areas including computer programming, statistics and data analytics to solve business problems.
PO 03: Leadership and Organization Skills- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO 04: Ethics and Governance: Apply principles of ethics and corporate governance in day to day business practices.
PO 05: Environment and Sustainability- Understand the impact of the professionals in societal contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
PO 06: Life-long Learning- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of business world.
PO 07: Creativity and Innovation- Create ability to solve the problems of business and industry with help of data analytics.
PO 08: Employability: Developing skills and capabilities to become the employee of choice for organizations in diverse fields.
Minimum 50% aggregate in 10th or equivalent examination, Minimum 50% aggregate in 10 +2 or equivalent from any recognized board and in 60% in UG from any recognised University in India or abroad and CAT / MAT / XAT / AUAT qualified
Duration (in Year): 2
Intensive on the job training in form of internship (or Summer Training) at the end of Sem-2 (or year 1)
A report based on the summer training shall be submitted within four weeks from the commencement of the third semester.
Unlike internship, the project work must be conducted on a topic chosen from the specialization areas in collaboration with different industry/ organizations.
The students must undertake a Live Project worth 8 credits during the IV semester . The student is also required to submit a detailed report to the school/university and present the work to the faculty panel for evaluation/assessment
Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
Irrespective of the industry, a majority of MNCs have their offshore analytics centers in India. All the major players in Indian industries have analytics teams and require analytics professionals.
In the analytics industry, though the job profiles tend to go by various names , the course intends to cover a variety of job profiles including
- Analytics Manager.
- Analytics Consultant.
- Analytics expert.
- Data Analyst.
- ML (Machine Learning)Specialist
- ML Expert
- Data Scientist.
- Market Research Analyst.
Recent Internships and Placement:
With reference to the above industry collaboration with SAS, internship and placement percentages are 100%.
Meet the industry partner
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
About SAS in Education
SAS software has been part of education for four decades and is used at more than 3,000 educational institutions around the world.
SAS Education helps in building skills for some of today’s most desired positions, such as data scientists and business analysts. Through our innovative software and services, we empower and inspire students and professional around the world to transform data into intelligence. Discover the SAS difference:
- Skills in SAS (being a global leader since 1976) have a pay premium and incessant skills requirements in more than 110 countries
- SAS Accredited trainers, besides being expert in their subject matter, communicate the SAS official curriculum very effectively using internationally accepted & proven instructional skills.
- Pedagogy is designed using a combination of comprehensive course notes, lectures, hands-on exercises, software demonstration, assessments & more.
- SAS program also enables the students to obtain SAS global certification and the skills can be ratified and showcased through SAS international certification badges. Digital Badgenot only validates the learning and helps one share the achievements, but also provides labor market insights that connect your student’s new skills to jobs not only for India but for 8 other countries.
- SAS collaborates with universities to bridge the talent gap by developing programs to meet growing need. SAS course structures are aligned directly to job descriptions of the industry.
- SAS courses helps in bringing the right know-how and awareness around the latest technologies prevalent in the industry that promises to shape the future.
- Training in a collaborative setting, combined with hands-on learning and case studies.
- Post class recordings available for live web sessions.